Here are some guidelines to help make your stay run smoothly and maintain positive vibes in our Belleh 23 community. Your respect is greatly appreciated.
Welcome to the Belleh 23!
In order to secure your booking, a 10% non refundable deposit is required. Payment options can be discussed. The balance will be due upon check in.
Dance classes or Rehearsals
Dance classes are welcomed and encouraged. However, Dance classes or rehearsals need to be finished by 8pm out of respect for other guests and neighbors. And must be reserved ahead of time to reserve the space.
Please turn off electricity like fans and lights when not in room.
Stove switch should be OFF when not in use.
– Please keep common areas clean and your belongings in your room or locker.
– Please smoke on the balconies or outside, but not inside the house (weed and cigarettes).
– To respect our neighbours, please keep the noise levels down after 6pm. Also be conscious of noise levels in the house when people are sleeping.
– You can get a key to a locker if you want to lock up your personal belongings.
– There is a $10 (USD) key deposit that will be returned to you upon checkout once the keys are returned.
Sorry but we have a NO VISITORS rule (in the house or in the yard). This is for security as well as making sure that everyone is comfortable space-wise. There are many bars or restaurants very close by that we can recommend for this.
Coming to and from Belleh 23
– Please keep all doors locked on your way in and out.
– Do not walk at night. Walk in groups during the day when possible.
– Please keep the gate securely closed when you enter or leave.
Please wash your dishes after eating and put them away. Please keep common areas clean.
Everyone is given a crate in the kitchen with a matching name to their bed. Please utilize this and store any items that don’t need to be refrigerated.
Please put food in sealed containers. Ants can eat through some plastic packaging to get at foods.
Feel free to label your food if it might get mixed up with others.
Tap water is safe to drink. You can also buy filtered water.
Be mindful that you’re sharing the bathroom with others, so please be considerate of time, cleanliness and space.
Full payment of the booked period should be paid at check in unless other arrangements have been agreed upon.
If you decide to extend your visit, please confirm the booking with Sanjay and pay for the extended period at confirmation.
We have an on call 24 hour emergency response security team, King Alarm, protecting the house and a panic button in case of medical and safety emergencies. Our caretaker, Dennis is also on hand at the house.
We suggest taking charter taxis to get around.
Please be very careful if traveling on foot. While this is generally a good area, things can happen anywhere and at any time.
When walking around, there are a number of things you can do to make yourself and your belongings more secure:
- Travel in daylight
- Travel as a group
- Don’t carry phones or valuables in your hand, or visible in a bag.
- Hold bags tightly and in-front of you.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
We have a washing machine that is available to guests through our cleaning lady who is generally at the house on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Provide her with detergent and she can sort laundry for you. (Feel free to tip her. $2 to $3 USD or JMD equivalent is fine).
Communication is key. Please speak to us about any questions, concerns, requests, issues or feedback. Also please keep communication with your roommates clear and kind.